Mathematics Curriculum Resources
Math Common Core State Standards (Link)
- The Mathematics Standards (Link)
- Standards for Mathematical Practice (Link)
- Key Points of the Common Core Standards (Link)
Math Common Core Content Specifications
The content specifications were developed by SBAC to ensure that the assessments cover the range of knowledge and skills in the Common Core State Standards. Once finalized, the content specifications will serve as the basis for the Smarter Balanced system of assessments.
In the December 9, 2011 draft, see pages 60-67 for the test emphases.
- Major clusters (m) will comprise about 70% of tests.
- Additional clusters (a) comprise about 20% of tests.
- Supporting clusters (s) comprise about 10% of tests.
Reeth-Puffer High School Math Scope and Sequence Feb. 2012 (Link)
Tools for the Common Core (Link)
Blog of Bill McCollum. Bill is the Math Team Coordinator for the Common Core State Standards Initiative, and a professor of Mathematics Education at the University of Arizona.
The Illustrative Mathematics Project (Link)
This site illustrates the range and types of mathematical work that students are expected to experience under the common core.
- drill down through categories and domains to standards
- explore problems, samples and tasks
Create a free account to access all the features.
This site is a work in progress.
Mathematics Assessment Project - Assessing 21st Century Math
The project is working to design and develop well-engineered assessment tools to support US Schools in implementing the CCSS in Mathematics. **Use drop down to select grade band.
The district subscribes to this service and all teachers can access it. Please contact the curriculum office for username/password assistance.