Follett - eBooks Now Available!
YOU CAN CHECK OUT EBOOKS FROM OUR LIBRARY
The R-PMS LMC is now offering eBooks for online reading or downloading to a personal device such as a smartphone or tablet. We are exploring two eBook providers for each of use and offerings: Follett and Mackin.
To access and check out eBooks, students will log into the required website and/or apps, with their school-issued Gmail accounts.
There are three ways to access our library's eBook:
- Access Destiny Discover directly and login. Go directly to Destiny Discover.
- Download the Destiny Discover app for Android or iOS to view on portable devices such as smartphones or tablets. Students can check out eBooks using this app, download them to tablets or smartphones and read them offline.
- Download the Mackinvia App for Android or iOS to view on portable devices such as smartphones or tablets. Students can check out eBooks using this app, download them to tablets or smartphones and read them offline.
Using Follett's Destiny Discover App
- Click here to see which devices are supported by the Destiny Discover App
- Click here to download the Destiny Discover App to a computer, tablet or smartphone
Using the Mackinvia App
- Click here to see which devices are supported by the MackinVia app
- Click here to download the Mackinvia app
- Click here for Mackin downloading eBooks instructions
- Using the Mackinvia Reader
AUDIO AND DIGITIZED TEXT FOR REQUIRED READINGS
In conjunction with the MAISD and other source providers such as Bookshare, we are able to provide students with an IEP or 504 options for digitized reading materials. This provides students with the opportunity to use audio devices such as MP3 players, phones or other assistive technology such as screen readers to access the printed word.
If your student could benefit from these services, please speak with the classroom teacher, a counselor or Mrs. Vincent in the LMC (ext. 3772).
The mission off the Library Media Center is to support the curriculum of Reeths-Puffer High School by providing access to quality and appropriate information resources, to ensure that all students and staff are efficient and effective users and evaluators of ideas and information, and to encourage a life-long enjoyment of reading.