Reeths-Puffer Education, Inc.
A Michigan non-profit corporation
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President of the Reeths-Puffer Board of Education or its designee
President of the Reeths-Puffer Band Parents Association or its designee
President of the Reeths-Puffer Athletic Boosters Club or its designee
The corporation is organized and operated exclusively for the promotion of literary and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and more particularly;
- To raise money for the Reeths-Puffer School District through the solicitation and receipt of donations and gifts from individuals, business and other organizations.
- To conduct activities, either directly or indirectly, through related organizations, or in cooperation with other organizations exempt from tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 in order to raise funds to further the purposes of the corporation, subject, however, to all limitations of the nature or extent of such activities applicable from time to time, to organizations exempt from tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and to acquire, to own, to dispose of and to deal with real and personal property and interests therein, and to apply gifts, grants, bequests and devises, and the proceeds thereof, in furtherance of the purposes of the corporation. Examples of benefits the corporation will provide the community include:
- Provision of supplies, materials and equipment needed by the schools or the corporation.
- Development and financial support of pilot programs created for testing the effectiveness and viability of new educational and literacy programs.
- Financial assistance for infrastructure improvements at the school facilities.
- Development and funding of scholarship programs.
- To do such things and to perform such acts to accomplish its purposes as are not forbidden by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, or comparable provisions of subsequent legislation, with all the powers conferred on nonprofit organizations by the laws of the State of Michigan.
- The corporation shall be operated exclusively for promotion of literary and educational goals as a nonprofit corporation. No director of the corporation shall have any title to or interest in the corporate property or earnings in that director's individual or private capacity and no part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of any director or officer. No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, nor shall the corporation participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
PAST PROJECTS INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Equipment upgrade for wrestling team
- Scholarships for student wrestlers
- Camp Shout
- Endurance Adventure
- Playground upgrade at Central
- Upgrade of soccer complex