2013-2014 Annual Education Report
August 13, 2014
Dear Parents and Community Members:
I am pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2013-2014 educational progress for the District and all Reeths-Puffer Schools. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by Federal and some requirements of State laws. Our staff is available to help you understand this information. Please contact Margie Bates, Administrative Assistant, at 719-3104 for help if you need assistance. A paper copy of the AER may be obtained from my office or in the principal's office at your child's school.
The report contains the following information:
Student Assessment Data - Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP), high school assessment results on Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan's Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access or MEAP-Access)
- Presents achievement data for all five tested subjects (mathematics, reading, science, social studies and writing) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students.
- Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and State achievement.
Accountability Scorecard - Detail Data and Status
Information is provided for the district and each school related to achievement targets in reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies answering questions like:
- Did the District (and schools) meet achievement targets for all students and subgroups of students?
- Did the district (and schools) meet achievement growth targets for all students and subgroups of students?
Teacher Qualification Data
- Identifies teacher qualifications at district and school levels
- Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly qualified to teach such classes
NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Provides State results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8
Review the listing of our schools below. The state has identified some schools with the status of Reward, Focus or Priority. A Reward school is one that is outperforming other schools in achievement, growth, or is performing better than other schools with a similar student population. A Focus school is one that has a large achievement gap in 30% of its student achievement scores. A Priority school is one whose achievement and growth is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases no status label is given.
Central Elementary - No status given
McMillan Elementary - No status given
Pennsylvania - No status given
Reeths-Puffer Elementary - No status given
Twin Lake Elementary - No status given
Reeths-Puffer Intermediate School - No status given
Reeths-Puffer Middle School - No status given
Reeths-Puffer High School - No status given
The District continually strives to improve and has applied many new strategies over the past years to improve the performance of Reeths-Puffer Schools. Each building has identified additional strategies relevant to its student population under its school improvement umbrella. We are committed to providing the very best we can to our students, so that each can meet the high standards for graduation from Reeths-Puffer Schools.