The Curriculum office oversees the following programs and services for Reeths-Puffer Schools:
Curriculum and Instruction
The Curriculum Office also supports the following:
State and Federal Programs including Title I
Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP)
Michigan Merit Exam (MME)
For more specific information about the R-P Curriculum - see the K-12 Curriculum Page
Year at a Glance in the Area of Instruction and Assessment for Reeths-Puffer Schools
- In everything we do we will continue to maximize the potential of all students and prepare them to compete and contribute as caring, knowledgeable citizens in our rapidly changing world.
- Transitioning K-12 to the ELA Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in the focus areas of:
- Reading Informational Text
- Argumentative/Informative Writing.
- Adding CCSS Literacy Standards focus in Science, Social Studies and other Technical Subjects in grades 6-12.
- Transition to the Math CCSS in the focus areas of:
- K-2: Counting and Cardinality - Number Sense
- 3-5: Number and Operations - Fractions
- 6-8: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- 9-12: Problem Solving in all Math Courses
- Implementation of "Formative Tasks" to gain a solid understanding of student skills related to the new expectations of the CCSS and the new Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Assessment.
- Continue to build on the success of the K-12 World Language Program. View Presentation
- Utilizing technology in daily instructional practices.
- Implementing the R-P Citizenship Way at RPHS.
- Continue to Build Character Through Competition through various levels and types of athletics offered through R-P.