Welcome to Central Elementary
Please “Like” us on Facebook at:
Wednesday, August 26
Welcome Back - Placement Letters sent out
Saturday, August 29
Playground Beautification Event 8:30 - 12:00
Volunteers needed - We will be Painting Equipment, Installing Platforms and removing sand burrs.
Back to School Backpack Giveaway 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Laketon Bethel Reformed Church, 1568 W. Giles Rd.
Coming Events (CHANGE FROM INFORMATION IN ROCKET CITY NEWS!)
Monday, August 31 Kindergarten Parent Orientation
Tuesday, September 1 Open House
September 8 First Day of School
Thanks for visiting the Central Elementary website.
As a staff, we strive to create a positive learning environment with quality programs and instruction that are geared to help students become successful learners.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in a curriculum that incorporates a variety of activities that accommodate differences.
- Students learn when the school community maintains high expectations to enhance children's learning experience and performance.
- Students learn best when provided an equal opportunity to learn.
- Student performance is enhanced by mutual respect and meaningful relationships among students, staff and parents.
- Students learn when physical, emotional, and social needs are met.
Central Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (CEPTO)
New PTO President Ron Bazzett (parent of 2 at Central Elementary) is excited to inform parents of goals for this upcoming school year. Please join us on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm to find out what is new and upcoming. All are welcomed.
In an effort to support our school-wide goal of "Going Green", we have made our school handbook and all of our permission slips and forms electronic. The following information is for you to review with your child. Please print and sign the Parent Permission Slip and return to your classroom teacher. If you cannot print this form please stop in the school office and we will provide a Parent Permission Slip for you to sign.