Welcome to Central Elementary
Please take note that we will be offering three different parent/family engagement opportunities during the months of February and March. For the Family Literacy and Math Strategy Nights we will provide child care and activities for children so that parents can attend workshops free of distractions; however, the Vegas Night is total family engagement learning and playing math games. Flyers will be coming home.
Family Literacy Night - February 9, 2017 5:15 - 7:00 pm (5:15 pm Dinner and 5:45 pm Program)
Math Strategy Night - February 23, 2017 5:15 - 7:00 pm (5:15 pm Dinner and 5:45 pm Program)
Vegas Night (Math Games) - March 23, 2017 5:15 - 7:00 pm (5:15 pm Dinner and 5:30 Games)
Important dates for the 2016-17 school year:
Early Release Wednesdays:
September 14 & 28
October 12 & 26
January 11 & 25
February 8 & 22
March 8 & 22
April 12 & 26
School will dismiss at 2:15 on these days.
Please check our school calendar for other upcoming events.
in an effort to "Go Green" all future newsletters will be posted here on our website, on facebook and sent out in an email.
Thanks for visiting the Central Elementary website.
As a staff, we strive to create a positive learning environment with quality programs and instruction that are geared to help students become successful learners.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in a curriculum that incorporates a variety of activities that accommodate differences.
- Students learn when the school community maintains high expectations to enhance children's learning experience and performance.
- Students learn best when provided an equal opportunity to learn.
- Student performance is enhanced by mutual respect and meaningful relationships among students, staff and parents.
- Students learn when physical, emotional, and social needs are met.